Thursday, April 12, 2012

another "moment" - and then another. and maybe one more.

sometimes i get stuck on things.
my favorites...such as....

my boys.
butterflies. 
angels.
magic.
love.
peace.
energy.
spirituality.
following my heart.
sappy stuff, right?

however - the most intriguing thing in my life...are my "moments".
CREATE THIS MOMENT.
{my self proclaimed blog title}
where did that come from?
i have no idea.
i don't know.

but it was MEANT to mean something to me, cause i just CAN'T move beyond the wonder of each moment. 
 each one. 
and the IMPACT they make. 
 the way they come full circle.
 the essence they hold to carry us through and TO the next NECESSARY MOMENT.


 THIS i know for SURE.
MOMENTS are ALL we really have.
and i have FINALLY started to treasure them.
good. bad. pain. joy.

all of it. 
embraced.
endured.
i have started pressing the "PAUSE" button.
live that. 
love that.
hear that.
know that.
FEEL that.


it IS POSSIBLE you know.
to pause. 
to let it ALL SINK IN.

i remember the MOMENT my oldest son was born.
the VERY MOMENT i first laid eyes on him.
single little mama.
just 19.
lost.
yet secure.
hurt & alone.
yet SO VERY STRONG.
all over the place.
yet FOCUSED.
i can CLOSE MY EYES and take myself RIGHT THERE.

that moment.
and it is ALL MINE.
recorded in my heart.
forever.
every detail.

in ONE MOMENT life came FULL CIRCLE.
LOVE took on a NEW MEANING.

i became part of him.
he part of me.
MY moment.
OUR moment.

moments significant.
or not so significant.
change us.
without warning.
THAT is a beautiful thing.
THAT is a tragic thing.
THAT is life.
moment by moment.


confusing, life altering, frustrating, endured.

moments. 
they can ruin you. 
they can MAKE you.
they can take your heart and set it in a holding place.
or
they can set your heart FREE to bigger and better things.
it is all up to you. always.

tonight.
i had several "moments"
all BEAUTIFUL.
and i STOPPED.
smiled.
and let myself "have" them.
for the FIRST time ever.

'cause here is a TRUE STORY.

no matter WHERE i have been in my life.
i have never felt "arrived" - NOT EVER.
i am constantly trying to live down all the mistakes i have made.
making up for my inconsistency.
my lack of detail.
my simple nature.

for lack of better words - in essence - i have never stopped the urgency to "prove myself".

i don't know WHERE that comes from - it is just me, i guess.
me against me.
so dumb.

i am kinda tired of being against me.

so TONIGHT...my moments...
they elevated me.
i ALLOWED myself to feel happy.
to feel the joy of others and let that take me to a place of contentment.

you should do that, too.
take a moment to "arrive" in simple non-arrogance.
just arrival.
'cause you have and all it takes is a moment of appreciation.
for where you have been, where you ARE and where you are GOING.
it's alright.
you CAN FEEL GOOD.
it is allowed.
and better yet - it is EXPECTED.
and it is ALL YOURS.
be proud. 

we all have moments we want to remember.
we chose to forget.
we can't let go of.
and we hope will NEVER HAPPEN.

it is the art of being human.

my hope for YOU.
is that in THIS MOMENT...you are at peace. 
you have love in your life.
...and you LOOK FORWARD to embracing each and every experience that will follow.

another "MOMENT" blog - sorry.
i just love this moment.
i hope you do too.

xoxo,
enjoy.









6 comments:

Thienly Azim said...

That's so beautiful! I took my moment to read this. And you helped me relax. Be in peace with myself. And feel happy, just the way I am. Just the way it is. Thank you for always inspiring me. Your words are lovely.

Renee Aslette said...

I just have to let you know, that there are so many times that you speak to me.

You have such perfect words! I think I just had a moment, a moment when my heart skipped a beat, and I feel like you say the things I often feel.

Even though we have never met, I think you have the most amazing heart!! Truly inspirational. Someone I would like to be like, or be half like!

Jessica Buffa said...

No apologies necessary...your words, "rambles" are uplifting and inspiring....I paused today because of you!
:O)
<3
Jessica S

Angie Blom said...

I am living in this moment.. and with it comes joy, tears, acceptance.. and gratitude.. I am enjoying it all .. and so glad you are too. you deserve all good moments , but those past unpleasant moments made you the person you are today.. so treasure that.. I know all my momoments have lead me to you.. I will treasure that forever.
love your post.. makes me smile!! xx

sarah said...

Beautiful!!!U R such an up liftin person, thx for All U share with us Crafty friends..Hugs from Tx..!!
texasgrama7@gmail.com

Noelle Reese said...

Ang,
When I read what you write I feel like you are sitting at my table talking to me. Last night I was thinking how much I totally love my crazy life. I get so far behind at work I am always beating myself up. Last night I thought tomorrow I will be a better person for taking a whole day off to do all the things I did yesterday. I loved yesterday. I accomplished very little in the big picture but all the little things I did all day with all the people I crossed paths with was perfect. I had many totally perfect moments. I hope today is just as beautiful! Thank you for being a part of the end my perfect day yesterday! MUAH